I spent the last day converting this blog from BlogEngine.NET to WordPress. I already discussed the reasons behind this, but this post describes the mechanics of actually installing WordPress, converting the content, and getting everything working.
When I first started this blog, I decided to use BlogEngine.NET as the blog engine. There were a few different reasons for this, which I discussed in this post.
I haven’t been blogging in awhile, and one of the reasons was a general lack of satisfaction with the BlogEngine.NET software. I looked at WordPress, and it seemed like a much more robust platform with a much bigger community. I spent about a day installing it and tweaking it to my satisfaction, and I couldn’t be happier with the move. Hands-down I prefer WP over BE.